Monday, January 5, 2009
Rice - 2 cups
Peas - 1 cup
Onion (sliced lengthwise) - 1
Tomato (chopped) - 1 , big
Garlic (sliced lengthwise) - 5 cloves
Ginger (grated) - ½ inch piece
Green chillies (slit lengthwise) - 2
Cumin - 1 tsp
Bay leaf - 1
Black cardamom - 2
Green cardamom - 3
Garam masala pdr - ½ tsp
Oil refined/mustard - 1 tbsp
Desi ghee (clarified butter) - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
• Wash and soak rice in water for 10 minutes. Keep aside.
• In a pressure cooker, heat oil and add cumin. When it starts to crackle, add bay leaf, black and green cardamom green chillies and onion.
• When the onion turns pink add ginger and garlic. Sauté for a minute then add chopped tomato. Fry till oil separates.
• Drain water from rice and add the rice to the masala. Mix thoroughly. Fry for 2 minutes and add salt and garam masala pdr.
• Now add the required amount of water and pressure cook on full flame till 1 whistle and 2 whistles on sim.
• Garnish with desi ghee (clarified butter) and serve.