Wednesday, November 26, 2008

SPINACH CORN N' PEAS DELIGHT


This is one of my own mix and match recipes. I keep trying out different combinations . A pinch of this , a dash of that and my version of a recipe is ready .....
Its a pity that my guinea pig is my loving hubby .... who tastes all my experiments and gives me constructive criticism too !!


INGREDIENTS :

spinach leaves (chopped) - 2 cups
shelled green peas - 1 cup
fresh corn kernels - 1 cup
khoya/mawa - 1/2 cup
onions(finely chopped) - 2 (medium)
tomatoes (finely chopped) - 2 (medium)
ginger-garlic paste - 2 tbsp
chopped coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
lemon juice - 1 tbsp
green chillies(chopped) - 3
red chilli pdr - 1 tsp
garam masala pdr - 1/2 tsp
cumin seeds - 1 tsp
refined oil - 2 tbsp
fresh cream - 2 tbsp

METHOD :

blanch spinach leaves in 2 cups of water and make a puree.

boil corn in water with lemon juice.

heat oil ,add cumin .when they start to crackle,add onions.cook till they turn brown.

add ginger-garlic paste and saute for 1 minute.

now add tomatoes .cook till mixture leaves oil.

add green chillies, spinach puree.saute for a minute.

now add khoya/mawa.saute for a minute.

add green peas and corn kernels.

add salt to taste and garam masala pdr.

mix thoroughly and add 1 cup of water.

cover and let it simmer for 5 minutes.

stir in fresh cream and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.

No comments: