This one is for chocolate lovers .....
This is my favorite cake and I can make it at the drop of a hat. I made it yesterday and its already half finished.... coz its yummy....
Although I have given its recipe but i keep making a few changes. like in this cake (in the snap)I have added cashew nuts almond and cherries instead of walnuts .
Here is the recipe ....
CHOCOLATE WALNUT CAKE
Flour - 1 cup
Eggs - 2
Cocoa pdr. - 2 tbsp
Butter - ¾ cup
Sugar - ¾ cup
Baking pdr. - 1 tsp
Milk - ¼ cup
Chopped walnuts - 1/3 cup
1. Preheat oven on convection mode at 180 degrees.
2. Grease the cake tin with oil/butter.
3. Sieve flour , cocoa pdr. , baking pdr. together in a bowl. Keep aside.
4. Beat eggs , butter and sugar in another bowl , till mixture becomes creamy .
5. Slowly mix the sieved flour mixture and the beaten eggs. Add milk to make smooth mixture. Also add chopped walnuts to it.
6. Pour the cake batter into the greased tin and bake at 180 degrees at lower rack for 35-40 minutes at convection mode. Allow to cool. Garnish with icing ,walnuts or fresh fruits.
SPECIAL TIPS :
1. Preheating of oven is very important.
2. To avoid a dry or dehydrated cake ensure that the cake batter is of ribbon consistency i.e. the batter should fall from a height in a ribbon shape.
3. You can adjust the consistency by adding more milk.