This is the rangoli I made this year in diwali. I just love to make a rangoli in all festivals .
I have been making one especially in Diwali since I was in 3rd standard along with the help of my younger sister.
There are many mediums that i have used in my rangoli . In fact we tried to use a different medium every Diwali which at times required a lot of preparations.
A colorful design called a Rangoli is made at the entrance of a house to welcome guests. Traditionally they are painted or created out of colored sand/rice powder.
How to create the rangoli?
- Choose a design that you want to draw. You may find designs from books and magazines or you may create your own design.
- If you want to try out a design of your own, first draw it on a piece of paper and fill in the design with colored sketch pens to get an idea about how the rangoli will look.
- Wipe the floor, where you want to create the rangoli, with a wet cloth and let it dry.
- With a piece of chalk, draw the outline of the rangoli design.
- Now it's time to fill in the outline with rangoli powder, the most challenging part of the whole exercise. Pick up some powder with your thumb and index finger and fill in the design by sprinkling the powder on the floor. Take care to sprinkle the powder carefully; don't let powders of two different colors merge with each other.
- You may create spaces within the rangoli design to place diyas .Flower petals of different colors can also be used.
- Once all the colors are filled, its time to draw the outline .It can be drawn as a border between two different colors or it can be drawn as the perimeter of the design.
Finally,light up the diyas in place them in the designated places and viola…… your Rangoli is ready.