· To prevent eyes from watering while cutting onions, dip knife in hot water.
· Squeeze more juice from a lemon by popping it in hot water and leaving it for 15 minutes before squeezing for juice.
· Tomato soup tastes marvelous with a pinch of brown sugar added to it.
· Add a teaspoon of vinegar to the water when washing vegetables so that if there are any insects in the vegetable (especially during monsoons) they will fall out.
· Use scissors instead of a knife to cut dry fruits, for pudding. It is faster.