Green bell peppers (finely chopped) - 2, big size
Potatoes - 4, big size
Carrots - 3 ,medium size
French beans - 100 gms
Green Peas (boiled) - 1 cup
Tomatoes (finely chopped) - 3, medium
Onions (finely chopped) - 2, medium
Pav Bhaji masala (readymade) - 4 tbsp
Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
Fresh coriander leaves (chopped) - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Dinner Rolls ("Pav") -1 pack
Salted Butter - 6-8 tbsp
Salt to taste
1/2 cup finely chopped onions and lemon wedges.
· Boil together potatoes, french beans and carrots. Now mash them roughly.
· In a large heavy bottomed flat saucepan, melt 2 tbsp butter and add chopped onions. Sauté on medium heat till they turn pink.
· Add garlic paste and chopped tomatoes and sauté till the masala leaves oil.
· Add coarsely mashed potatoes, carrots and French beans and boiled peas. Sauté for 5-7 minutes.
· Add red chili powder, Pav Bhaji masala and salt to taste. Mix thoroughly.
· Add half cup of water to the vegetables. Cook on medium flame for 7-8 minutes while stirring and mashing the veggies here and there. The consistency should not be very thick. If required add little water.
· Add chopped coriander and lemon juice. Sauté till the spices start to give out a wonderful aroma.
To prepare the "Pav" or Dinner rolls:
· Slit the buns/rolls into half keeping the base intact.
· Melt butter in a flat pan and arrange all the buns on the pan. Roast both the sides of the buns on the butter.
Serve the "Pav" or rolls with the "bhaji" and a lemon slice. Garnish with chopped onions and a chunk of butter.